The 5th edition of this popular longer trail running event on the footpaths, tracks and trails within the spectacular surroundings of the Southern Peak District including Thorpe, Dovedale, Milldale plus the Tissington Trail. Choice of 25.7 km/16 miles or 10.5 km/ 6.5 miles.
Entry opens on the 1st September 2019.
- Both courses are fully signed with Dark & White arrows, a colour OS route map will also provided.
- Marshalled feed station (long route only), water station (both routes).
- Choose your distance 25.7 km/16 miles or 10.5 km/ 6.5 miles – gold, silver & bronze time awards/certificates awarded on each course.
- Trail running related prizes on the day for all men’s and women’s age category winners and runners up on each course. (NB: classes will be merged if entries are low in any of the age categories)
- Staggered group start windows choose your start time when entering
- SPORTident electronic timing with on-the-spot results.
- Shower & changing facilities are available at the event venue.
Ashbourne Leisure Centre, Clifton Road, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1DR (click for area map)
Early Entry (before 1/1/2020)
Long (25.7 km/16 miles): £21 *£19
Short (10.5 km / 6.5 miles): £13 *£11
Long (25.7 km/16 miles): £23 *£21
Short (10.5 km / 6.5 miles): £15 *£13
*Affiliate £2 discount per event – for competitors who are either; a member of a UKA affiliated club (with UKA Number) or the Trail Run Association (TRA Number).
On the day or late entry is subject to availability and costs an additional £3
Maximum of 400 participants, with a limit of 150 on the short course.
M: male 18* to 39
MV40: male 40 to 49
MV50: male 50 to 59
MV60: male 60+
F: female 18* to 39
FV40: female 40 to 49
FV50: female 50 to 59
FV60: female 60+
*Min age for the short course is 17
Long – 25.7 km/16 miles
Short – 10.5 km/6.5 miles
Long – Men: 1:50:29 | Women: 2:03:09
Short – Men: 45:51 | Women: 51:18
25.7k: Men: Gold sub 2:15 Silver 2:15 – 2:45 Bronze 2:45+
25.7k: Women: Gold sub 2:30 Silver 2:30 – 3:00 Bronze 3:00+
10.5k: Men: Gold sub 1:00 Silver 1:00 – 1:15 Bronze 1:15+
10.5k: Women: Gold sub 1:10 Silver 1:10 – 1:25 Bronze 1:25+
* Timing awards may be amended on the day of the event depending on ongoing underfoot and weather conditions.
From the start close to Ashbourne Leisure Centre both routes initially pass through the old Ashbourne railway tunnel (which is tarmaced, lit and approx 350m long) before emerging into open White Peak countryside – the route then follows the flat and easy Tissington Trail (an old railway line converted into a cycleway/footpath) for approximately 4km where it turns left towards the village of Thorpe. After passing The Old Dog pub a short drop down the road brings you to the Peveril of the Peak hotel – this is where the routes split. Read more
Colin from Respice Photography will be out on the course to capture your earned hard efforts.
For all other event information please see the dedicated event information page.